Advanced trigger point injection course
Chronic pain management is a major and growing challenge for patients and healthcare professionals.
Nearly 5 million Canadians suffer from chronic pain. As the population ages, that number is likely to increase. Most patients seek help not from pain specialists, but from primary care physicians.
Our goal is to train family physicians to perform Trigger Point Injection(TPI) as an highly effective modality in managing MSK pain
Generally, TPI have a low risk threshold and are financially rewarding. Your patients will also be pleased that you can treat them rather than referring. We will provide education on how to safely needle in the main areas for chronic soft tissue pain, so you can immediately integrate this skill into your practice.
During the course, we will teach you the pearls of TPI, which are the result of 16 years of experience in chronic pain management.
Prior to the hands-on portion of the training, there will be an extensive question and answer session not only covering the topics presented, but also to discuss additional topics requested by the physician audience. We will go over case studies and various academic problems for the group to solve.
Over 50% of the course is spent performing the injection techniques. Physicians will receive extensive hands on training and should leave the program feeling confident in their ability to apply the treatment on their own.
Upon completion of the Trigger Point Injections course, the physician should be able to:
- Identify patients appropriate for TPI treatment
- Understand how to perform a comprehensive workup to formulate a diagnosis
- Perform procedures with confidence
The treatment results demonstrate significant reduction in pain scores, improved function and quality of life for your patients. Your sense of satisfaction will vastly improve with successful treatment outcomes. Your prescribing of narcotics and other analgesics shall likely reduce as you embrace this effective pain management strategy.
- 08.30 - 9.00 Light breakfast, coffee, tea
- 09.00 - 9.15 Introduction (Dr.Fadyeyeva)
- 09.15 - 10.15 Advanced Course Review & Dynamic Treatment Formula (Dr.Phimister)
- 10.15 - 10.30 Break
- 10.30 - 11.00 Upper body & neck - presentation & video demo (Drs.Phimister/Fadyeyeva)
- 11.00 - 11.30 Upper body & neck - practice with patients (Dr.Phimister)
- 11.30 - 12.00 Lower extremities & lower back - presentation & video demo (Dr.Phimister)
- 12.00 - 12.30 Lower extremities & lower back - practice with patients (Dr.Phimister)
- 12.30 - 13.00 Lunch
- 13.00 - 13.30 Head & chest - presentation & video demo (Drs.Phimister/Fadyeyeva)
- 13.30 - 14.00 Head & chest - practice with patients (Dr.Phimister)
- 14.00 - 14.45 Special cases review (Drs.Phimister/Fadyeyeva)
- 14.45 - 15.05 Break
- 15.05 - 16.05 CBT training for chronic pain
- 16.05 - 16.30 Q & A, Feedback
- Fee $995.00 (fee includes course materials, refreshments and lunch) Please, make cheque payable to iHealthMD Medical Centre and mail it together with your registration form
- Venue iHealthMD Medical Centre
- Location 101-135 15th Street East, North Vancouver, BC, V7L 2P7
- Contact Valerie at 604-971-6767, fax 604-971-6768, email: email@example.com